Fred's world tourWeek 18 – Brisbane, Australia to Borneo, Malaysia
26th of January until the 1st of February 2013
- Fly back to Sydney from Brisbane.
- See the Darling Harbour fireworks.
- Finish the job paperwork and buy the last few bits for the Borneo expedition.
- Go see and intimate 'La Soiree' at the Sydney Opera house.
- Fly to Kota Kinabalu in Malaysia (Sabah Borneo)
- Meet up with the rest of the Raleigh international project managers.
- Begin an intense 2 weeks of Raleigh lessons, exercises and trekking.
- Happily hand over the duties of blog writing to the pros at http://raleighborneo.blogspot.com
The Sunday was a bit of a blur for me. It was long and hard trying to get all my paperwork and packing done because at 7pm I booked Chris, Tony, Daithi and I some tickets to go see The Soiree show in one of the studios in the Sydney Opera house. Mark also got himself a ticket and we luckily were able all to sit on the front row. It was really good, with plenty of weird and wonderful things not to mention getting wet because of a gymnast doing acrobatics around a bath full of water!
After meeting the fieldbase team in Kota Kinabalu at 11am on the 29th of April they took us to the the Raleigh house. At Raleigh Fieldbase is where for the next 2wks we would be inducted and moulded into the perfect Project Managers on Raleigh International's 3month expedition '13C'.
The venturers won't be arriving until Valentine's Day (14th of February)
Let the fun begin!
This is where I sign out for 3months (official duties end 27/4/13) and the Raleigh blog takes over. So for all the updates head to
That's all for now, see you at the end of April.